Friday, July 8, 2011

Movie Review #3+4

Well, I'm sure you all have heard at least something about Transformers: Dark of the Moon.  And as I'm pretty sure you all have guessed, I'm a Transfoemers fan.  So naturally, you'd eexpect me to see it and review it here.  Well, I havn't.  Yep, I was just joking in those last parts.  Except for the part about being a Transformers fan.  I'm not going to review DOTM yet, if I see it at all.  Michael Bay really dissapointed me with ROTF, the second-worst movie I've ever seen (the first being Red Zone Cuba.  Not even MST3K could make it bearable.).  Any ways, in a historic first, today I'm reviewing TWO movies!  This is the part where the audiance gasps in suprise.  Anyways, I'm reviewing two movies I've seen recently.  To give a hint on what those are, the first one has been marketed the heck out of, and the second one is a movie with a very odd name.  Both are linked to Aston Martins.  Now, I will begin.


Cars 2

Yep, I saw it.  While I did have fears going into the theater that this would be standerd action movie and that it would be just another sequel that couldn't live up to its predecessor, I was pleasently suprised seeing it.  It had everything one would expect from a Pixar movie: Comedy, some Action, Breathtaking visuals, a great plot, and a heart.  The movie begins with British Agent Finn McMissile (voiceded by Michael Caine, and an Aston Martin of course. :)  Now you know how this one links.) infiltrating an oil rig.  After ineivitably being discovered, a thrilling action sequence ensues, with Finn presumed dead, but in reality he just turned into a submersible car (They really enjoyed the 007 references here.) and let four tires out of his trunk to throw them off.  Meanwhile  Lightning McQueen prepares to participate in the first World Grand Prix, and brings Mater along to their first stop, Tokyo.  There, Mater is mistaken for an American CIA agent by Finn and assistant in the Tokyo devision Holly Shiftwell.  What happens after that?  Watch the movie to find out.  I'm not going to tell you everything. :)  Suffice to say, Mater learns that almost every one he knows thinks he's an idiot, and has to find a way to deal with that, while saving the cars in the race.  One thing I'll say is, if you took away the more fantastical parts of the villians plot, it would actually be a realistic scheme.  The villians here are not out to take over the world.  They just want respect, and millions of dollars.  Anyways, onto the next  movie.

Octopussy

Ah, my first James Bond movie in years.  I havn't seen one since I was four, I think.  Anyways I can now understand what's going on.  I saw a review of this on youtube where a guy said he didn't like the humour in it.  I don't know why.  Maybe he just prefers darker stories.  Anyways, I liked this movie, and feel it is very underrated.  Just because 007 dresses like a clown on one scene dosn't mean it's bad.  It was a fun experiance.  The story starts with Agent 009 dying (literally) to get a strange jeweled egg to a British ambassador.  It's discovered to be a Faberge egg, and Bond ends upp in a mystery involving Jewel Theives, palaces surronded by crocodiles, Bond girls (of course), and an atomic bomb.  It all makes for a very fun movie, and a perfect example of James Bond films.  I thouroghly enjoyed it.

Well that concludes my movie reviews for this post.  I'm your host, James Picard.  Thank you for listening (Orchestral music used in fantasy movies starts playing.).

No comments:

Post a Comment